Remote Service is the most convenient way to get service and support right when you need it. We can connect to your computer through the internet to troubleshoot problems, do software updates and installations, and for training. You save trip and travel charges and get the work done now.
We can easily connect to both your Mac or your Windows PC. We use a remote program called TeamViewer to do it. In order for us to connect to your computer, you first must download the small TeamViewer program and open it.
To download TeamViewer for Macs, click the blue button below that says TeamViewer for Macintosh. To download TeamViewer for Windows, click the gray button below that says TeamViewer for Windows. Both will download the latest version of TeamViewer for your particular computer.
Once the program is downloaded, open it…or if you’re on a Windows PC, run it. You’ll see a window that looks something like this:
Special Note for MacOS Mojave (10.14 or later) and MacOS Catalina (MacOS 10.15 or later)
New security features are built into MacOS Mojave that prevent TeamViewer from working unless you specifically give it permission in the Security & Privacy preference pane. Here’s how:
- Click System Preferences in the Apple menu.
- In the System Preferences window, click on the Security & Privacy icon to open that preference pane.
- In the Security & Privacy window, click on the Privacy tab.
- In the Privacy window, click the small lock icon at the lower left corner of the window to unlock it. You’ll have to enter the password you use to log into your computer or install software.
- In the list pane at the left side of that window, click the box next to any item in the list whose name begins with TeamViewer. Different versions of TeamViewer have different components that can be allowed or blocked, and there may be only one, or more than one item starting with TeamViewer in that list. Click them all. (Note: in the picture below, you’ll see only one.)
Special Note for those running older operating systems
The current version of TeamViewer requires MacOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan) or newer. For MacOS 10.10.5 and earlier, you’ll need an earlier version of Teamviewer. Give us a call at 919-404-0222 and we’ll direct you where to download the version you need for your version of MacOS.
The current version of TeamViewer runs on Windows 7 and later. If you’re running Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP3, or Windows Vista, you’ll need an earlier version of Teamviewer. Give us a call at 919-404-0222 and we’ll direct you where to download the version you need for your version of Windows.