Outlook 2010 Email Setup
If this is the first time you’ve opened Microsoft Outlook 2010, begin at If you’re opening Microsoft Outlook 2010 for the first time.
If you’ve previously set up accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2010, begin further down the page, where it says If you’ve previously set up email accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2010.
If you’re opening Microsoft Outlook 2010 for the first time:
Open Microsoft Outlook 2010. You’ll see the Microsoft Outlook 2010 Startup window. Click the Next button.
You’ll see the Account Configuration window. This window asks if you’d like to configure an E-mail account. Click the Yes button, then click the Next button, then continue starting at Step 1 below.
1. You’ll see the Auto Account Setup window. Click the button for Manually configure server settings or additional server types, then click the Next button.
2. You’ll see the Choose Service window. Click the button for Internet E-mail, then click the Next button.
3. You’ll see the Internet E-mail Settings window.
Enter your email address in the E-mail Address field.
Set the Account Type to POP3.
Enter your incoming mail server in the Incoming mail server field.
Your incoming mail server is mail.(your domain name). So, for example, if your domain name were widgets.com, your incoming mail server would be mail.widgets.com.
Enter your ougtoing mail server in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field. Your outgoing mail server is the same as your incoming mail server.
Enter your full email address in the User Name field.
Enter your email password in the Password field.
Click the box for Remember password.
Then click the More Settings… button at the lower right corner of the window.
This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL): Make sure this box is not clicked.
Outgoing server (SMTP): The default number is 25. Change it to 26.
Use the following type of encrypted connection: Leave it set at None.
Server Timeouts: Leave it set at the default setting.
Leave a copy of messages on the server. If you receive email on only one computer or device: Make sure this box is unclicked.
Leave a copy of messages on the server. If you receive email on multiple computers or other devices, and want to be sure all of your computers and devices receive all the messages: Make sure this box is clicked. Then click the box for Remove from server after and change the number in the box from 14 to 7 days.
Click the OK button.
6. You’ll return to the original Internet E-mail Settings window. Click the Next button.
8. You’ll see the Congratulations! window. You’ve successfully set up your email account. Click the Finish button. Outlook’s main email window will open.